Julius Rutherfoord Short-listed for Five Prestigious Golden Service Awards
London specialist in cleaning and soft FM services provision, Julius Rutherfoord & Co has been short-listed in five categories for the Kimberly-Clark Professional Golden Service Awards 2018.
The awards have recently evolved to further drive innovation and the continuous improvement of standards in the cleaning services industry. The winners will be announced at a ceremony on 18th March 2018 at London Hilton Park Lane.
The categories that Julius Rutherfoord & Co has been shortlisted for by the judges are:
- Healthcare Establishment with fewer than 250 beds – for client St Stephens Aids Trust with St Stephens Clinical Research. This healthcare establishment includes offices, a day clinic and a treatment area. While the site is varied, cleaning must be maintained at exceptional clinical standards.
- Office areas below 250,000 sq. ft. – for client Springer Nature. At the beginning of the contract, part of the campus offices at its North London HQ were refurbished. Flexibility, adaptability and partnership have been apparent throughout the contract for the vibrant office space of this global publisher of robust and insightful research.
- Large Education Establishment – for client South Thames College, Merton Campus. Since 2006, Julius Rutherfoord has been working in partnership with the college to provide a clean and safe learning environment. One of the most impactful innovations brought to the college is the use of the InnuScience™ biotechnology range of professional cleaning products. This provides superior performance whilst being cost-effective, safe, and responsible to the environment.
- Hospitality Award – for client The Salvation Army, Sunbury Court, partnering together since 2014. Multiple buildings mix the old and the new with an 18th century mansion as the HQ and newer hotel accommodation and conference facilities which are used by officers from all across the world during their training. The peak and off-peak nature of holding various events and conferences means Julius Rutherfoord has had to find ways of balancing staff motivation and consistency whilst delivering cost effective, quality cleaning for the client.
- Industry Training Award – the training of one of Julius Rutherfoord & Co’s Account Performance Managers, Rebecca Elliot at its Tramshed home in Battersea. Training is at the heart of everything Julius Rutherfoord does. Tailored training has given Rebecca the flexibility and confidence to become a health and safety expert for the company. Rebecca also helps train others to ensure the company continues to provide amazing levels of service, safely and securely.
Following the first stage of judging carried out independently by The British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICSc) to reach the short-list of finalists, the next stage of judging for most categories includes a site visit by a BICSc judge. The site visits will take place during November and December. The judging panel is looking for innovation, staff training, and client relationships as the main criteria to be assessed.
Marcus Heap, Sales and Marketing Director at Julius Rutherfoord & Co said: “We are honoured to be short-listed for these prestigious awards and to have our standards verified by the largest independent, professional and educational body for the cleaning industry. We support our clients with exceptional service, which starts with how we train and recruit our staff. All contracts are managed transparently to support success and our award-winning Contract Management App is just one of our innovations which increases quality, security and efficiency for clients.”
Julius Rutherfoord has had previous success in the awards, twice winning the ‘Healthy Workplace’ category.